This post contains affiliate links. LFGF makes a small percentage of any purchases made through these links. Thank you for your support.
I know I have told you all how much I adore my Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W. I use this thing almost every single night of my life. If you ever need a gift for someone, this is the gift. Seriously, they will love you forever.
Tonight I used it for Butter Chicken. This could be slow cooked on medium for 6 hours if preferred, and of course, your Instant pot will cook on slow cooker mode but why wait all that time when you can do it in 25 or less minutes?
I served it with organic brown Basmati rice and stir-fried green beans. My 19 month old ate her entire bowl of it. I like to mix it with the rice because all of that saucy flavor it gives it.
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs. You can always use chicken breast but thighs are so tender and really complete this dish. My local Target carries organic chicken and I often find it on sale because the sell by date is a day or two away. I swap those up because I can get a pack of 5 thighs for less than $5. What a steal that is for organic chicken. When I buy the sale meat I make sure to put it in the freezer as soon as I get home and pull it out the day I am going to use it. Costco also carries it for a decent price if you can’t find any sale meat.
Click here for printable version
1 1/2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
4 TBSP. Coconut Oil
1 Onion Chopped
2 TBSP. Garlic
2 TBSP. &1 tsp. Garam Masala
1 TBSP. Coconut Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1 TBSP. Potato or Tapioca Starch
Salt to Taste about 1/2 tsp. I use Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 Can Full Fat Coconut Cream
1/2 Cup Coconut or Almond Milk 10 oz.
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- Chop the onion and set it aside
- Cube the chicken into bite size pieces.
- If you are using the Instant Pot you can just put it on the sauté mode. Put 2 Tbsp. of the coconut oil in the pot and allow it to melt.
- Brown the chicken
- Add the onions and garlic and the rest of the coconut oil and sauté.
- While the chicken is cooking mix your sauce together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and blend, then adding the coconut cream, coconut milk and tomato sauce. Stir until its blended well.
- Once the chicken and onions are done pour the sauce on top and stir it.
- Then put your Instant Pot on poultry mode or slow cook on medium for 6 hours.
- While your chicken is cooking you can make the rice and any vegetable dish to do with it. You might want to get the rice started first though if you are going to cook it in the Instant Pot because it will be done in less than 15 minutes!!! Enjoy!