Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Roll Ups- Gluten Free, Dairy Free
These delicious roll ups are made gluten free and dairy free with Franz gluten free white bread. They are a fun and delicious breakfast that the entire family will love.
Syrup is optional, as they are delicious alone.
Every morning I start the day off asking my kids what they want for breakfast. More recently my almost 3 year old has been asking for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. PB&J is for sure a food group in this house.
This post contains affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help pay the bills.
I kind of draw the line at making PB&J’s just for lunch. However, I had a thought of how fun it would be to stuff bread with it and roll them up and then cook them like French toast.
I feel like French toast is one of those things that just fixes problems. I don’t eat it often but when I do-I am always really happy about it.
French toast has become a treat now that we are gluten free. Bread is something that we sort of ration so I avoid cooking with it a ton.
However, once a month a French toast treat is perfect. These French toast roll ups where so much fun and the kids loved that they got to have peanut butter and jelly for breakfast.
I love the way the saltiness of the peanut butter tastes with the sweetness of the jelly and the bread.
It’s truly a sweet gourmet twist on a staple lunch turned breakfast.
¼ Cup Dairy Free Milk
1 TBSP. Vanilla
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
3 TBSP. Coconut Oil
1 Loaf Franz Gluten Free Mountain White
¼ Cup Peanut Butter
¼ Cup Jelly
Toothpicks to keep the rolls together while cooking
1. In a shallow bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
2. With a rolling pin, roll out the slices of bread to flatten without tearing the bread.
3. Spread 1 tsp. of peanut butter and 1 tsp. of jelly onto the slice of bread and then roll the bread up. Use 2 toothpicks to hold it in place.
4. Heat skillet with 1 TBSP. of coconut oil and add more as needed.
5. Soak the roll up in the egg mixture making sure to coat all sides.
6. Place roll up in the skillet and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until you achieve a nice golden brown color. You should be able to remove the toothpicks after cooking the roll up on two sides. Then you can cook the last side that had the toothpicks.
7. Top with more peanut butter and jelly, honey, syrup or powdered sugar. Enjoy!