Chili (Instant Pot, Pressure Cooked)
Nothing warms the soul on a cold day like a bowl of chili with a side of cornbread. It is hearty, but still healthy and since it is naturally gluten and dairy free it is always a crowd pleaser. This is perfect for serving guests, or if you need a potluck dish. You can easily double the recipe. I love making my chili in the instant pot, but you can easily slow cook it, or cook on the stove.
Chili (Instant Pot Pressure Cooked)
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Parsley
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 1 TBSP. + 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 6 Cups of Beans- I used pressure cooked black and red kidney beans but if you are looking for something fast you can use 1 can of black beans drained and 2 cans of red kidney beans drained
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 TBSP. chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn the Instant Pot on the warm or brown setting.
- Put your ground meat in and begin to brown it.
- Chop your onions and add them along with garlic.
- Keep cutting up the meat with a spatula.
- Add all of your spices and stir up.
- Add the tomatoes and beans and stir again. Set the Instant Pot on the chili setting (it sets for 30 minutes) Garnish with whatever you like. We love to just dip our cornbread in it. Enjoy!
Serve garnished with cheddar cheese and sour cream if you are not dairy free
If you like this recipe then you will love my cookbook. It contains over 100 gluten and dairy free recipes that are simple to make with easy to find ingredients.
[ecwid_product id=”91719541″ display=”picture title price options addtobag” version=”2″ show_border=”1″ show_price_on_button=”1″ center_align=”1″]