No bake cheesecake is simply a fan favorite. Who doesn’t love no bake desserts? This Strawberry Vegan cheesecake drenched in chocolate ganache and topped with a decadent strawberry sauce is made with easy to find ingredients and will be loved by anyone- even those who are not vegan or gluten free.
When I first started brainstorming for this recipe, the warm weather had finally approached us. Strawberries are in season and everywhere and I wanted a delicious, refreshing and summer like recipe. Strawberry cheesecake was a winner, but in my family, everything must contain chocolate. That’s when I decided this strawberry cheesecake would be drenched in a decadent chocolate ganache.
This is truly the epitome of a summer dessert in every sense and perfect for all occasions.
This post contains affiliate links. Living Freely Gluten Free makes a very small percentage of purchases made through these links. This cost helps to cover the cost of running this website. Thank you for your support
There are a few steps to this recipe and since it is no bake, it makes since to make it the evening before you plan to serve, so it can freeze overnight. The next day you will top it with ganache and the strawberry sauce, but return it to the freezer until 30 minutes before you plan to serve.
It is July and with that it means birthday season is upon us. It starts with my moms, then my husband, mine, my sister, my daughter, my other sister and lastly my mother in law.
This cheesecake is perfect to serve for any celebration or just because- especially during the summer because you don’t have to turn on the oven! This cool treat will delight and refresh everyone you serve it to.
Don’t let the steps intimidate you. I won’t lie, this recipe takes preparation. You will need to know a few days prior that you plan to make it. However, it is worth every single step and you will find it simple and not complicated what so ever.
Cheesecake is always a process. Having it be a no bake recipe makes it much easier though. I just created a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake for my husband’s birthday (likely will be up late summer) and I baked it. It also contains eggs. It had many more steps than the no bake. That’s ok though, it’s worth it. I will also try it as a no bake form in the future and see which one is the winner.
I made this cheesecake with GO VEGGIE vegan cream cheese. I am in love with go veggie because it tastes great and it’s easy to find in my local stores. It also has a cashew cream base. I had someone on my Facebook page ask if there was a substitution since they had a nut allergy. I am confident that you can substitute the cashew cream with a can of full fat coconut cream.
You will find yourself loving this recipe and it is perfect to impress guests. Happy summer everyone!
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Your going to start with making the cashew cream and the crust.
1 Cup Raw Cashews soaked overnight
½ Cup water
1 ½ TBSP. Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1. In a blender, add all of the ingredients and puree until smooth.
2. Fridge for an hour or so.
Chocolate Cookie Crust
2 TBSP. Coconut Oil melted
2 Cups of Crushed Gluten Free Chocolate Crème Cookies
1. In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and coconut oil.
2. Blend with a fork.
4. Freeze while making the filling.
2 Cups Go Veggie Cream Cheese
¼ Cup Sugar
1 ½ Cups Cashew Cream
2 Cups Strawberries pureed
1. In a stand mixer on medium speed, beat sugar and cream cheese for 2 minutes.
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
3. Add cashew cream and beat for 3 minutes.
4. Add strawberry puree and beat for 1 minute.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and beat for 1 more minute.
7. Freeze overnight.
The next day make the chocolate ganache and strawberry topping.
3 TBSP. Sugar
4 oz. Bar of 100% Cacao Chocolate
1. Bring ¾ of the coconut milk with the sugar to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and add the chocolate bar (break into squares first). Do not stir, just toss in the chocolate squares in and put the lid on. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Take the lid off and pour the remaining 1 cup of coconut milk in and stir well to combine the chocolate.
4. Allow to sit for 8-10 minutes.
5. Take the cheesecake out of the freezer and pour the ganache on top.
6. Place back in freezer and make the strawberry topping .
The strawberry topping is optional but gives it an amazing flavor!
1 Cup Strawberries diced
¼ Cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1. In a sauce pan, add all of the ingredients and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes stirring several times a minute.
2. Allow to completely cool before pouring onto the cheesecake. You can serve it at this time or store in the freezer.
Keep the cheesecake in the freezer until you are ready to serve. Allow it to sit out for 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving. You can keep in the fridge for a few hours if needed but put it back in the freezer after that. Enjoy!