Silk Makes Going Dairy Free Easy
This post Silk Makes Going Dairy Free Easy has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ProgressIsPerfection #CBias #CollectiveBias
Growing up I was never a fan of dairy because as a child I had a milk allergy. Therefore, my family never pushed milk products on me and I never acquired a taste for it. When my daughter was born we thought she had colic, but it turned out to be lactose intolerance. When she stopped drinking formula we had to find some alternative milks for her. I also had to relearn the way I cooked to take all dairy out of my recipes.
Silk was able to make going dairy free easy because they are dairy-free and lactose-free, especially since we already bought and loved Silk.
The Dark Chocolate Almondmilk is a family favorite. We all drink it and love the thickness of the milk with the rich chocolate flavor. I buy several of the flavors though, because I use each one for different things. Here is my simple swaps and why Silk makes going dairy free easy.
- Dark Chocolate Almondmilk- This thick and rich dark chocolate milk is perfect for making overnight oats, blender muffins, or just to enjoy by itself! The kids love having a glass in the morning and my Husband often enjoys some as an evening treat.
- Vanilla Almondmilk- This is perfect for your cereal, oatmeal, or to just drink.
- Unsweetened Almondmilk- You can use this for your mashed potatoes, soups, and anything else that is savory.
- Coconut Milk- This is my favorite to cook with it. I use it when making puddings, quiche, smoothies, ice cream, or anything that needs a thicker milk.
- Silk Almond Dairy – Free Yogurt Alternative- These delicious almond dairy free alternative yogurts are perfect for eating for breakfast, or baking with! I use the vanilla flavor yogurt in my Lemon Loaf recipe. The chocolate almond dairy-free yogurt alternative is a family favorite, my kids and I love it! The peach is perfectly creamy and amazing in a parfait.
Making a dairy-free parfait is as simple as using your favorite Silk Almond Dairy – Free Yogurt Alternative and layering it with fresh fruit and granola. You can even add nuts, shredded coconut and dried fruit.
With these simple switches you will be incorporating less dairy and more plants in your diet without even having to think about it. Silk is also Non-GMO and that is why I feel good about buying it. I love adding purposeful nutrition in the morning to keep us going all day long. Sometimes making the right healthy choices can seem difficult, but feeling healthy doesn’t have be. Enjoy!