Grain Free Paleo Pancakes
Paleo Pancakes are the best way to start your morning. My family are pancake fanatics. I haven’t been on the pancake wagon for quite some time though because I simply couldn’t start my day with carbs and feel good afterwards. Healthy proteins and fats are what I need to fuel me. If I start with carbs I get full and then crash fast. When I crash it is not a pretty sight.
Since my family are pancake fanatics I had stopped eating the pancakes when I cooked them. I finally realized that I needed to really scale back on grains and refined sugar, especially rice- I knew a paleo pancake would be the best way to go. Due to feeling like pancakes are full of carbs I was hesitant at first about having pancakes for breakfast, but of course I have to taste every recipe I create. To my surprise I felt great after I ate them. When I enjoy paleo pancakes, I prefer some fresh fruit with them. Possibly a side of protein if I know I will need to get through the morning without eating again.
My lucky kids are the guinea pigs of my recipe creations. After creating something and giving it to them- their reaction is what tells me if I got it right, or if its back to the drawing board. After they took their first bite without even blinking, they took their second. They could not even tell the difference from the regular gluten free pancakes they have been eating for the last 5 years. Satisfaction!
As a result they have been eating Paleo Pancakes and waffles ever since. They simply don’t care because they taste amazing!
These Paleo Pancakes are made with the Grain Free All Purpose Flour Blend I created. They literally melt in your mouth and create perfectly textured pancakes. I simply could not be any happier with these paleo pancakes.
If you are grain free and paleo then you know all about grain free baking powder, but if you are new to this then you will need to buy or make your own. It is easy to make by simply mixing 3 TBSP. baking soda with 1 TBSP. cream of tartar. The baking powder can clump since there is no starch in it, so just be mindful of that. A post will be up in the near future for the recipe and some pictures.
How to make these super simple Paleo Pancakes?
- Mix all of your dry ingredients well.
- Add the eggs and coconut milk to blend well.
- Heat the skillet
- Add the melted coconut oil and stir up to mix it all in.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto your hot skillet. You might need to flatten it out a little because the batter is thick.
- Sprinkle mix ins if you would like them. Ex: Chocolate Chips, Shredded Coconut, Nuts, Berries.
- Cook on each side for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with your favorite maple syrup or honey.
- Enjoy it with zero guilt!
So, the next time you’ve got a craving for a pancake, but want something healthy and satisfying- I’ve got you covered. Stayed tuned for a Devils Food Pancake and Waffle recipe in the near future.
Grain Free Paleo Pancakes
The perfect healthy pancakes to satisfy your cravings and fuel your body.
- 2 Cups Grain Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBSP. Coconut Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- 1 TBSP. Grain Free Baking Powder
- 2 TBSP. Ground Flax
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil Melted
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 ¼ Cups Light Coconut Milk
Stir together the flour, coconut sugar, salt, baking powder, flax and cinnamon.
Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well.
Add the milk and mix well.
Add the coconut oil last and blend well.
- Heat your skillet on medium heat. Once the skillet is nice and hot add ¼ cup of batter and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Enjoy!