Vegetable Soup (Gluten Free and Vegan)
When I need a healthy, low calorie and easy dinner this gluten free vegetable soup is the recipe that I turn to. It is naturally gluten free and vegan. Vegetable Soup is hearty, healthy and anything goes with this.
Vegetable Soup is the perfect recipe to clean out the fridge. A little bit of this and that totally goes. You simply can not go wrong!
To make things easier if I don’t have veggies to use up in the fridge, I use a few bags of frozen organic mixed veggies. I usually stock up on them when there is a sale and then I can turn to a recipe like this if I forget to thaw meat, or just because I want to keep it healthy and delicious.
My family enjoys this gluten free soup with my French Bread recipe from my cookbook. Even my picky kids eat this with minimal complaints and I feel happy because its healthy.
Another reason why I turn to this vegetable soup recipe time and time again, is because you can make it on the stovetop, or in an instant pot, or crock pot.
I originally created this vegetable soup recipe after I wrote the cookbook. During the cookbook process I gained 5 pounds while writing the book and those 5 made me feel self conscious and just not as well. I wanted a hearty and healthy meal that I could eat for lunch and dinner while I got those extra pounds off. I made it for myself for dinner and made spaghetti for the rest of the family. They all saw the soup and wanted some. It was so good that they asked for it again the next day. Ever since then I added it into the monthly meal plan rotation. If I am trying to keep it light I just allow myself one slice of bread to go with it.
How do I make this vegetable soup gluten free?
Well it is actually very simple, because it is naturally and gluten free and vegan soup. I like to keep things simple and healthy, so in order to make it easy I use frozen mixed veggies.
- You need to cut your onion and garlic. Saute it in the instant pot with your oil.
- Add the frozen veggies, potatoes and zucchini. No zucchini? No problem, add an extra potato.
- Cook up the veggies for a moment and then add your tomatoes.
- Stir up and add the broth and all of the seasonings and herbs.
- Cook in your instant pot on the soup setting, or simmer on the stove.
- Then enjoy it!
This gluten free vegetable soup also reheats very well. You can make it on a Sunday and feel confident about reheating it and serving it later in the week. I have not tried to freeze this one yet, but that will be on my radar for the future. I am working on a freezer meal plan and possibly doing a workshop. Early spring will likely be when I roll that out, so stay tuned!
Now that the weather has changed and colds are starting to go around, this will be the perfect vegetable soup that is gluten free to warm you up and give your body some fuel!
Naturally gluten free and vegan. This soup is healthy, hearty and delicious.
- 2 TBSP. Avocado Oil
- 2 Cups Onion diced
- 2 TBSP. Garlic chopped
- 3 Cups Frozen Mixed Veggies
- 1 Potato chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 14 oz Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 14 oz.Can Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Zucchini diced
- 6 Cups Broth Chicken or Vegetable
- 1 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- ½ Sprig Rosemary 1 tsp. dried
- 2 TBSP. Parsley chopped, fresh. 1 ½ tsp. dried
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- In your Instant Pot or large stock pot add the oil and heat. Sauté mode for the IP, medium heat for the stove.
- Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, potato and mixed vegetables. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, broth and seasonings.
Bring to a boil on the stovetop. Cook on soup setting on the Instant Pot.
Reduce to simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes on the stove top. Turn off the heat and serve. Enjoy!
If cooking in the crock pot, follow steps 1-4 and then transfer to the slow cooker and cook on medium heat 4-6 hours, or low 6-8.
Feel free to add any of your favorite veggies. Anything goes!