Oven Roasted Cauliflower

February 20, 2018livingfreelygf
Blog post

I have never met a vegetable that I didn’t love, honest truth. Cauliflower is no exception to this. I am working on branching out more with my vegetable side dishes and sharing them all with you. Let’s start with Oven Roasted Cauliflower.

Paleo – Gluten Free – Vegan

Oven Roasted Cauliflower is a back to the basics, simple, yet delicious and healthy cauliflower recipe.  I buy cauliflower often with big aspirations for it, however 9/10 times it sits in the fridge for days and then I have to cook it up before it goes bad. Oven Roasted Cauliflower is the one recipe that I turn to time and time again.

I love Oven Roasted Cauliflower for so many reasons, let me share them with you…

1. It is sooooooo easy to make.
  2. I always have all of the ingredients on hand.
  3. It tastes AMAZING.
  4. It goes with anything and everything.
  5. I never get tired of it.
  6. You only need 4 ingredients.

I really could just go on and on, but I think you get the point. Oven Roasted Cauliflower is a perfect accompany to any entrée, and excellent for a holiday or gathering. You can dress it up easily by adding anything you are in the mood for. Get creative!

I plan to take this blank canvas and turn it up with future posts. I would also love to hear how you like to get fancy with your cauliflower!

5 from 9 votes

Oven Roasted Cauliflower

This healthy, gluten free, vegan and paleo side dish is hard to resist.

Course Side Dish
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people

• 1 Head of Cauliflower (washed and cut into florets)
  • 3 TBSP. Chopped Garlic
  • 1 ½ TBSP. Avocado Oil
  • Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
  2. Wash the florets and pat dry.
  3. Put cauliflower in a bowl and drizzle with avocado oil.
  4. Add the garlic.
  5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir until the cauliflower is well coated.
  6. Lay flat on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.

• Elaine @ Dishes Delish

February 26, 2018 at 5:44 pm

You’re lucky that you’ve never met a vegetable you didn’t like. I love almost all vegetables. Almost. Brussels Sprouts and turnip. But everything else is fair game for me! I absolutely adore cauliflower and love how you prepared yours. I also love how easy your delightful recipe is! I can’t wait to make it!

1. livingfreelygf

February 27, 2018 at 12:44 am

Thank you! This is my simple go-to.

• Sarah

February 28, 2018 at 12:24 am

Roasted cauliflower is a favorite around here! I love how delicious it is even without much effort– just a little garlic makes it fabulous! We like to add a little spices too- so good!!!

1. livingfreelygf

February 28, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Exactly, we all need those simple go-to recipes.

• Gloria @ Homemade & Yummy

February 28, 2018 at 5:43 pm

Roasted cauliflower is amazing. Other than cooking it on the grill, this is the only way I cook it. The perfect side dish, used as an appetizer with a dip, blended into soup. So many possibilities from this amazing and delicious veggie!! Bonus….everyone in our house LOVES cauliflower.

1. livingfreelygf

March 1, 2018 at 1:52 am

YES! Blending into a soup sounds amazing!

• Patty

March 3, 2018 at 3:44 pm

I never knew that cauliflower could be roasted in the oven, I always cook it in a pot of boiling water. Your recipe sounds so quick and easy, I will try it a.s.a.p. as I know my family will love it!

1. livingfreelygf

March 3, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Roasting it gives it so much more flavor. I know you will love it!

• Amy Nash

March 4, 2018 at 4:46 am

Cauliflower is so yummy – one of my very favorite vegetables. But even still, I sometimes do the same thing as you and leave it in the fridge until I have to use it or lose it! Roasting it is a great idea.

1. livingfreelygf

March 4, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Thank you Amy. Sometimes its hard to get to all the veggies as quickly as you expected.

• Megan Marlowe

March 4, 2018 at 7:35 pm

I happen to love cauliflower in any form but roasting it with garlic has to be genius! What a healthy, delicious snack! Lucky for me I’ve got one on hand and can try it tonight!

1. livingfreelygf

March 4, 2018 at 11:19 pm

Hi Megan! Truly the perfect simple and healthy side dish.

• Sean@Diversivore

March 4, 2018 at 10:31 pm

Gotta love a flavourful, simple veggie side. The crispy roasted browned edges look perfect to me (and you just know how much extra flavour comes from getting them to that point!). Thanks for sharing!

1. livingfreelygf

March 4, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Thank you so much! Definitely the perfect flavor.

• Dana

March 5, 2018 at 12:25 am

I love how simple this is. We have roasted broccoli a few times a week done with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast! I’ll have to try cauliflower. My husband doesn’t like cauli, but hey, more for me 😉

1. livingfreelygf

March 5, 2018 at 2:24 am

Nutritional Yeast is a great idea! I’ll give that one a try.

• Anna

March 5, 2018 at 5:35 am

Roasting cauliflower is my very favorite way to cook it! It’s absolutely delicious. My whole family loves it!

1. livingfreelygf

March 5, 2018 at 6:41 pm

So easy and delicious!

• Brandy

March 5, 2018 at 2:04 pm

While I love cauliflower I always forget it’s in the fridge until it’s past the point of eating raw. I never though of roasting it though and always love roasted cauliflower. I love how simple this recipe is yet packs a punch of flavor.

1. livingfreelygf