Banana Nut Muffins (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
I absolutely love banana bread but my kids want muffins. If it is not in muffin form they are hesitant to even taste it. However, put anything in muffin form and they are all over it.
These are perfect for little hands for a quick breakfast or an afternoon snack. I love mine with a cup of coffee or some tea.
My kids prefer chocolate chip muffins. (Find the recipe HEE) but I love mine with some delicious walnuts on top. It definitely brings me back to my childhood and Grandma Olga’s Banana Nut Bread. We used to go to my Cousin’s walnut orchard and pick walnuts. We would go back to her house and sit in the back room and crack walnuts together while watching her soap. Those were some of the best moments of my childhood.
However, today no one has a walnut orchard for me to pick from so I will buy mine from the WinCo bulk bins and top my muffins with them
This post contains affiliate links, because we all need to pay the bills.
3 Ripe Bananas
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Applesauce
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
¼ Tsp. Nutmeg
Dash of Salt
1 Cup of Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With your stand mixer cream: Eggs, Sugar, Vanilla, Applesauce and Bananas. Beat well on medium for 2 minutes.
- Add in the coconut oil and allow it blend in.
- Add cinnamon, salt and turn off to pour all of the GF AP Flour.
- Turn mixer back on stir setting and add xanthan gum and baking soda.
- Beat on medium 2-3 minutes scraping down the sides halfway through.
- Add walnuts right at the end. Bake about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.